Do you want to be a part of something innovative and cutting edge? If your answer is yes, then join our team of project managers, designers, and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited about the impact they are making on students’ education around the nation. American Institutes for Research (“AIR”) Assessment provides assessment services and technical assistance to school systems nationwide. AIR is one of America’s leading K -12 educational assessment entities, currently holding prime contracts for educational testing and scoring in many states. AIR holds a national leadership position in computer based adaptive assessments; a market that is rapidly growing. We focus on providing our clients with customized assessments that not only measure student achievement against state standards, but also provide meaningful score reports that can help students, parents, and educators address any areas of student weakness. Our environment is fast-paced and requires people at all levels who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done on time while maintaining high quality. As a part of the AIR, a not-for-profit organization, we are more than 1,700 people working to improve lives in communities domestically and around the world. Our mission calls for us to turn the best research into practice, which we do in every arena in which we work.
We are currently seeking a Psychometric Intern to join our team in Washington, DC to assist with state contract work for NGSS science assessments.
- Participate in operational procedures such as data manipulation, calibration, and scoring
- Contribute to technical reporting; contribute to presentations
- Establish understanding of the larger assessment context and the role of psychometrics in this context
- Prepare materials for standard setting
- Pursuing Doctorate degree in a field related to behavioral and social sciences, including psychology, economics, and sociology
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Statistics or Quantitative program, psychometric software, R