• Mid- to advanced-level PhD (i.e. completed three years of study and comprehensive exams, but have not completed dissertation) whose research is in the field of Judgment and Decision-Making (e.g., enrolled in a Behavioral Decision Research, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, or a related program).
• Available to work full time for 12-14 weeks during the summer from May 2019 to August 2019 or June 2019 to September 2019.
• Experience in R, SPSS, STATA and/or other statistical languages, designing experimental research on topics relevant to decision-making, behavior change or choice architecture.
• Available to start on May 28, 2019 or June 17, 2019 and returning to a degree program after the internship ends.
• Experience conducting applied research in organizations.
• Experience conducting research on diversity, equity, and/or inclusion.
• Experience with statistical analysis, including fundamentals (e.g., ANOVAs and/or regressions) and with one or more advanced approaches (e.g., factor analysis, network analysis, LASSO, HLM, SEM).
• Experience using R for statistical analysis and data visualization.
About The Job
We are a group of social scientists who conduct experimental, survey, and archival research to inform people-related business decisions. Example content areas include, but are not limited to, employee development, diversity and inclusion, leadership, employee well-being, hiring, personality, and longitudinal data analysis.To read more about some of our work, see a selection of our research here and check out this article in the New York Times Magazine , this one in Slate Magazine , or this one in The Atlantic .
At Google, one Googler can make a huge impact, and it’s no different with our interns–they are key players in our daily innovation. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects core to Google’s business, whether it be Sales, Enterprise, Finance, People Operations (HR), Legal, Trust and Safety, or Marketing. Our intern recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your CV and the preferences you indicate on the application form.
Our internships expose you to the technology industry, as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional development. From being challenged, to collaborating with a team, join our team to make an impact.
• Work with the People Analytics team to design and implement new studies, analyze data, and report on the results of research initiatives to a business audience.
• Conduct advanced statistical analysis (e.g., correlation, regression, factor analysis, t-test, ANOVA, SEM, HLM, LASSO, random forests) using survey and archival data, with analyses ideally conducted in R.
• Communicate findings and recommendations to influence leaders to take action on the results.
• Write research briefs.