The Vertex Summer Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and “we are fearless” is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their summer project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be FEARLESS… Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
The intern on People Strategy & Analytics will analyze employee needs, perceptions and behaviors. Example content areas include, but aren’t limited to, employee satisfaction and development, diversity and inclusion, team performance, and talent acquisition. Reflective of the company as a whole, this team lives and breathes research to help inform data-driven decisions. The role will report to the Associate Director of People Strategy & Analytics.
• Create effective, scalable and easy to understand reporting solutions (e.g., dashboards) in Tableau.
• Collaborate with leaders to identify the most impactful ways for data to drive decision making.
• Perform deep dive analysis using basic statistical analysis (e.g., correlation, regression, T-test).
• Masters student enrolled in a program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Personality Psychology, Social Psychology, Management, Strategy, Sociology, Behavioral Economics, or a related field.
• Experience using data visualization to represent analyses to a business audience.
• Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to measure the effectiveness of programs, interventions and efforts for a business.
• Experience with Tableau.
• Experience with statistical fundamentals (e.g., ANOVAs, correlations, regressions).
• Experience using R or Python for statistical analysis and data visualization.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. We discovered and developed the first medicines to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis (CF), a rare, life-threatening genetic disease. In addition to clinical development programs in CF, Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs focused on the underlying mechanisms of other serious diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our corporate headquarters is now located in Boston’s Innovation District, and our international headquarters is in London, United Kingdom. We currently employ approximately 2,500 people in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Latin America with nearly two-thirds of our staff dedicated to research and development.
Vertex is consistently recognized as one of the industry’s top places to work by Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal and the San Diego Business Journal.Our research and medicines have also received esteemed recognitions, including the Robert J. Beall Therapeutics Development Award, the French Prix Galien and the British Pharmacological Society awards. For additional information and the latest updates from the Company, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.