About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Behavioural Research Unit. Our team conducts behavioural research projects with insurance customers and on topics such as unconscious bias, honesty, nudging and future consumer behaviour.
You will be a “self-starter” and a strong communicator who can independently carry out behavioural research in the insurance setting. You will be able to think on your feet and respond quickly to instructions. You will be excellent at connecting to people, forming working collaborations and working as part of a team. You will be a proactive driver of your projects with excellent time managements.
You will contribute to a number of our team’s projects, including innovations of behavioural science in the insurance industry, working with clients as well as academic research on topics that help us understand the drivers of insurance behaviours. You will also contribute to additional behavioural science research projects and across other disciplines, including the changing landscape of life, health, medicine, and technology.
About the team:
The Life & Behaviour R&D team has global responsibility for the production and application of research in support of life & health business within Swiss Re. We are an international multidisciplinary research team who work on a broad range of topics such as behavioural science, longevity, advancement in medicines & technology. You will work predominately in the area of behavioural research to understand the true drivers of customer behaviour and improve engagement of insurance customers. Members of the Behavioural Research Unit come from backgrounds including psychology, behavioural economics, consultancy and insurance.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for supporting one of our key innovations, handling data and preparing presentations of the results from our 200 behavioural field trials using MS Excel, Sharepoint and Powerpoint. You will support another team member in the creation and consolidation of training materials on behavioural economics and how it is carried out within Swiss Re. You will be responsible for obtaining direction from and updating stakeholders, and working with multiple team members to support their research and innovation initiatives.
- Qualification or experience relating to behavioural research.
- BA/BSc in Behavioural science, Economics, Psychology, Epidemiology, Public Health, Health Economics, IT or similar qualification with a data analytics element. Advanced degrees (MD, MSc, PhD) preferred.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills (incl. PowerPoint), in English.
- Strong IT skills, experience with Microsoft Office, Power BI and comfortable handling data, creating visuals/charts, formatting Excel tables and creating slide decks.
- Excellent organisational, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence working with internal and external experts at all levels.
- Experience in handling, prioritising and time management of multiple tasks.
- Proactivity and independence to lead your own projects
- Comfortable working with data
- Collaboration/relationship building with internal and external stakeholders and collaborators at all levels
- Ability to adapt to a new setting quickly, and respond swiftly to instructions
- Excellent communication
- High energy and enthusiasm
The start date is 24th June and these are paid placements for 10 weeks.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”