At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that improve people’s lives, understand or influence behavior, drive action on a national or global scale, and create a positive impact on the world. FMG was created with the vision of becoming a refreshingly different type of research and consulting firm by solving challenges through solutions steeped in scientific theory, methodological rigor, and creativity. This vision has shaped our core capabilities and is led by experts in their field, which include health communications, human capital management, digital marketing and design, and data science. As a Certified B Corporation and 2018 AMA Top 50 Market Research Company, FMG’s positive impact extends far beyond our client portfolio. FMG makes a difference in our community through pro bono service to nonprofits that are aligned with FMG’s corporate values.
We are currently seeking an experienced, intelligent and motivated social scientist to help lead and expand our efforts in the areas of health communication and social marketing. Projects support message and advertising development and evaluation of communication across a variety of topics (e.g., tobacco use, excessive alcohol use, chronic disease, infectious disease, and environmental risks), methodologies (e.g., focus groups, surveys, experiments), and audiences (e.g., youth, physicians, international travelers). This individual would work in a senior research role, providing subject matter expertise and overseeing multiple research studies.
- Contributing knowledge and expertise in social psychology, social persuasion, and/or behavior change for various research efforts. Specific background in health and social issues (e.g., public health, risk communication, health communication) required.
- Thinking creatively to solve tangible communication and public health problems through research and application.
- Providing client account management to understand needs, manage expectations, and build long term relationships (including proposal writing and business development activities).
- Overseeing the design, execution, and interpretation of research across a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Managing multiple concurrent projects, including providing quality control and implementing financial controls for projects.
- Disseminating research findings to a variety of audiences and translating research into actionable insights to develop, improve, and evaluate communication materials and programs.
- Building relationships with universities, business partners, and subcontractors to support current and future work.
- Graduate degree in social science field such as psychology, behavioral economics, communication, or related (PhD preferred).
- A minimum of six years of post-graduate applied experience leading research projects, preferably through the use of mixed-methods approaches.
- Experience in a contracting environment and with federal government clients (e.g., CDC, FDA, NIH) preferred.
- Expertise in quantitative research methods, including strong quantitative training. (Qualitative experience is a plus).
- Direct experience with at least one statistical analysis software package (SPSS, STATA, and R).
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software (e.g., NVivo) preferred.
- Experience with social media research preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills, including proposal writing.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- A collaborative, small business environment where staff are self-motivated and enthusiastic about their field of study.
- Opportunities to conduct high quality research and influence decision making.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.