Do you want want to use science to discover the enduring truths of leadership? We do too. Join us!
Amazon Connections is a program to listen to and learn from employees at scale so we can eliminate obstacles that get in the way of customer obsession and to make the employee experience better every day. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connections leverages real-time information and global reach to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes. We maximize the value of the employee voice, and we learn what really maximizes performance of a team.
Our organization is responsible for understanding and enhancing the impact Connections has on Amazonians every day. The team of survey methodologists, data scientists, and social scientists owns the research that informs the Connections product across the board – from refining how we write and ask questions to Amazonians across the globe to understanding how teams can better work together to remove roadblocks. We are seeking an experienced research manager to continually raise the bar on the questions we ask and research we conduct, collaborating with business program managers and business leaders to fulfill Connections’ mission of enhancing the employee experience every day. The ideal candidate will have experience guiding research from theory development through practical applications, and will leverage their deep expertise in research, experimentation, and statistics to do so.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing research teams tackling ambiguous questions that mater to the business, is an effective communicator, and has demonstrated experience working with cross-functional stakeholders across product and program management organizations to deliver meaningful results. This is a permanent position based in Seattle.
If you want to make a positive, large-scale impact with your research and leadership expertise, let’s talk!
- M.S. in a discipline of experimental social science, like experimental psychology, behavioral science, or behavioral economics.
- 3+ years experience leading teams designing and executing experiments with high degrees of ambiguity and aimed at testing difficult-to-test hypotheses
- Knowledge of statistics, including regressions, analysis of variance, multilevel models,
- 5+ years post-academic experience
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience leading research in social or cognitive science
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Expertise in R or Python
- Experience converting research into tangible real-world changes.
- Experience navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems.
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing key clients and stakeholders
- Excellent and proven English written and verbal communication skills to convey complex subject matter to clients and stakeholders.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation