At Digital Health Lab in Samsung Research America, we are laser focused to transform how health and healthcare is delivered. We collaborate with top healthcare industry partners to leverage technology and design thinking to address some of healthcare’s toughest challenges, from improving care and producing better outcomes, to reducing cost, expanding access and engaging patients.
Our multi-disciplinary team focuses on building solutions and enabling healthcare-as-a-service for partner organizations. Our work encompasses the entire range of processes, from ideating, developing, incubating, and launching products. Our portfolio of digital health solutions are important additions to various aspects of clinical care across many disease states – Including cardiovascular disease, cancer, pulmonary disease, and chronic illnesses like diabetes, obesity, depression, hypertension, etc.
We utilize mobile, wearable, virtual reality, and advanced sensor technology to capture physiologic responses; we create mobile applications to support patient self-management and physician decision-making; and we leverage data analytics to supplement clinical care and help patients with their health to facilitate behavioral changes in their daily lives.
As Research Lead, you will play a critical role in influencing both internal and external stake holders to deliver products that aligns with well-defined health focused vision for Samsung.
- Lead research and data science team to deliver demonstrable milestones towards bigger ambition and health focused organization’s vision.
- Extract real product ideas off of prototypes and research work.
- Identify and work with industry partners and universities to advance Samsung’s health focused research efforts
- Drive project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Manage complex schedules that involve both internal and external engineering teams, as well as vendors, while prioritizing activities for rapid execution of critical path work items.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biophysics, Mathematics, health sciences or related areas.
- 5+ years of leading a team of researchers and data scientists
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Image Processing, Machine Learning, Signal Processing, and their applications on mobile sensor data collected in lab and in the wild.
- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Android, MATLAB, R.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner, and comfortable working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Publications in top-tier computing venues such as CVPR, KDD, AAAI, UbiComp, CHI
- Enjoys responding quickly and influencing people to deliver
- Highly organized, focused and committed to achieving goals
- Understanding of delivering digital products in a regulated environment
- Product development and prototyping experience in order to implement and validate solutions
- Experience in managing research in both hardware (consumer electronics or medical device) and software product development
- Experience in designing and conducting studies of wearable devices or clinical-trials with human subjects both in lab and field settings.
- Good understanding of human physiology, noninvasive sensors used to measure digital biomarkers for health and behavior monitoring.
- Working experience with optoelectronics sensors and data analysis
- Experience in embedded systems development and performance analysis
- Previous experience developing algorithms in healthcare research/industry using EMR/EHR and wearable sensor data.
- Have working knowledge of the healthcare industry and experience curating and analyzing healthcare and wellness data.
- Proficiency in the Android/Tizen/iOS development environment with the ability to create fully working prototypes
- Experience in collaborating on software implementations of algorithms and computing models with client and cloud engineers.
- Understanding of human factors, usability and comfort with wearable sensors.
- Experience operating under HIPAA is a plus