Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Consumer Marketing team focuses on building Facebook brand presence, improving user sentiment and product education. It is an exciting time at Facebook Marketing because understanding people and connecting them to Facebook and our products (and vice versa) is crucial for future growth.
We’re seeking a leader for Consumer Marketing Decision Science, who demonstrates remarkable ability to harness and translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans and develop strong cross-functional partnerships with Marketing and Product teams focusing on Messaging and Youth products. This role will help define consumer problems, value proposition of our products, define goals and metrics, help develop marketing strategy and plan, build learning and measurement plan, design and execute experimentation, optimize marketing to efficiently achieve our business objectives. The ideal candidate will also have a strong stakeholder management and leadership track record, proven hands-on experience in data manipulation, a passion for data, media and technology – with a hunger to make significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for technology and Facebook is a must.
- Partner with marketing, research and product organizations to build Facebook or Facebook product brands
- Understand user pain points, uncover opportunities, influence product and marketing roadmap, optimize and improve Marketing to achieve business objectives
- Define user problems, goals and metrics to ensure we have line-of-sight to success
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations. Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level, but will also include new product development and definition
- Develop hypothesis and comprehensive test and measurement plan, design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness
- Partner with Engineers to define data and tracking requirements for new products and marketing channels
- Drive the development of quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making
- Analysis areas might include (but not limited to): retention, lifetime value, messaging, promotions, perceptions, usage and engagement
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders
- Analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes
- Hire and develop a team of data/decision scientists
- 10+ years of experience with data analytics
- 5+ years of experience leading analytics or data science teams
- Experience leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing roadmaps
- Statistical and data analysis/modeling experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.)
- Direct experience working with large data-sets
- Experience using SAS, R or similar statistical packages
- Experience with Python, Hadoop/Hive, & SQL
- Communication and presentation experience with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Experience communicating both technical product language and brand/product marketing language
- Survey research methods and considerations knowledge
- Experience collaborating with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Experience leading and driving change
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field
- MBA or Management consulting experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.