At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Market Research
Capital One is committed to providing work-life balance, ongoing skills and leadership training, and giving you direct ownership for executing your ideas. Further your career with us, the company regularly recognized as A Great Place To Work by groups like Fortune “Top Companies for Leaders” and Diversity Inc “Top 50 Companies for Diversity.” Are you ready to apply your Consumer Insights expertise to a dynamic Fortune 200 company? Are you looking for a place where you be curious, drive change, and grow your career in ways you never imagined? If so, we want to talk to you.
Capital One is seeking a Senior Manager, Market Research to join our Card Customer Insights team . This group provides consumer insights that inform products, services, experiences and marketing strategies for our credit card business, including both acquiring new card customers and engaging existing customers.
The ideal candidate for this role is…..
- A passionate advocate for the consumer – someone who loves understanding people, their attitudes, needs, and behaviors
- Grounded in market research fundamentals – understands what is required to get quality insights and can assess when and how to make tradeoffs between speed and quality
- Experienced using methodologies that involve behavioral psychology, behavioral economics, neuroscience, etc. to better understand consumer decision making, especially the subconscious realm that consumers often can’t articulate
- Organized – can drive projects to completion, prioritize across multiple requests, and manage a budget
- A great storyteller – can influence by packaging and presenting insights in a compelling way
- Able to effectively interact with, and impact the thinking of, senior leadership
- A great teammate – brings a positive attitude and is enjoyable to work with
In this role you will develop impactful insights that drive strategy and decision making. To do this you will…
- Provide research support and proactively identify opportunities for improving marketing communications results from a variety of different channels (i.e., direct mail, web, email, mobile).
- Lead research to optimize positioning, design and language of marketing communications prior to in-market testing
- Actively seek and evaluate new approaches for unearthing insights
- Maintain a network with internal partners to identify and prioritize research needs (including developing and managing learning agendas and associated research budgets)
- Leverage and integrate primary research, multiple studies, secondary sources, and marketplace intelligence
- Leverage a network of pre-identified research suppliers to execute studies, as well as employing DIY approaches (e.g. Qualtrics surveys and qualitative interview moderation)
- Present insights to business partners, senior leadership, and stakeholders that drive business actions
- Integrate and share insights across the partner teams
- Coach, manage, and mentor junior members of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years of experience in a marketing research / consumer insights role
- At least 7 years of experience in planning, execution and analysis of market research
- At least 7 years of experience in presentation of research findings
- At least 5 years of experience with a combination of qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Advanced degree in business, marketing research, consumer psychology, or management consulting
- Successful track record managing, developing, and inspiring direct reports
- Experience in both B2C & B2B marketing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.