Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The newly formed Facebook Inc. marketing team will be responsible for developing a compelling, coherent and integrated narrative across the family of apps (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger), and communicating the Facebook Inc. story on Responsibility, Social Impact, and Innovation.
We’re seeking a leader for Consumer Marketing Decision Science who will be responsible for leading the Decision Science team to bring this vision to life. Our ideal candidate has experience building strong brands, data and technology, and a hunger to make significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. This role along with his/her team will help identify consumer problems, define goals and metrics, help develop marketing strategy and plan, build learning and measurement plan, design and execute experimentation, optimize marketing to efficiently achieve our business objectives.
We are looking for a candidate with proven leadership track record in data science analytics with hands-on experience in data manipulation and a remarkable ability to problem solve, translate strategic insights into actionable recommendations and develop strong cross-functional partnerships with Marketing, Policy, Communications, Research, Comms Planning, Creative and Products teams. Strong project management, stakeholders management and communication skills are critical. The right person can drive strategy while remaining hands-on, is a visionary leader and great people manager.
- Partner with leadership across marketing, research and product organizations to build Facebook or Facebook product brands, understand user pain points, uncover opportunities, influence product and marketing strategy and roadmaps, optimize and improve Marketing to achieve business objectives
- Define user problems, goals and metrics to ensure we have line-of-sight to success
- Hire and develop a team of data/decision scientists
- Deliver presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders and executive leadership
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations. Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level
- Develop hypothesis and comprehensive test and measurement plan, design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness
- Drive the development of quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making. Analysis areas might include (but not limited to): retention, lifetime value, messaging, promotions, perceptions, usage and engagement
- Determine, analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes
- Partner with Data Engineers to define data and tracking requirements for new products and marketing channels
- 10+ years of experience with data analytics
- 7+ years of experience leading analytics or data science teams
- Proven experience in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing roadmaps
- Experience with SQL
- Direct experience working with large data-sets
- Statistical and data analysis/modeling experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.)
- Communication and presentation experience with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Experience communicating both technical product language and brand/product marketing language
- Experience with survey research methods and considerations
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field. MBA or Management consulting experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience using SAS, R or similar statistical packages
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizations
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.