Postdoctoral Research Fellow Department Doerr Institute for New Leaders Full Time/Part Time Full-Time Requisition Number P19065 Open Date 02/22/2019 Benefits Eligible Yes Position Summary
The Doerr Institute for New Leaders is seeking to fill a position for a postdoctoral research fellow to design, plan, and execute leader development programming university-wide. This individual will work in all facets of leader development and training and would work both independently and in teams. Opportunities to collaborate with scholars in the Psychology Department may be available. There are potential opportunities to teach and present training content. Applicants must have a record of publication in academic, social science journals or have compelling practitioner experience to be considered for this position. The full-time position is for 12 months with possibility of renewal for 1 additional year.
Education Required PhD Or Other Doctoral Degree Major/Discipline
A social science field (or ABD if completion of degree is expected before the start of employment).
I/O psychology, social psychology, personality psychology, behavioral economics, or related fields.
Experience Required No experience required Type of Experience Experience Preferred
• Experience reading, evaluating, and applying research on leadership and leader development is preferred- Teaching and training experience also very desirable
• Strong research translation skills are required for this position, as are strong written and oral communication skills- Ability to work effectively on a team is required- A portion of the postdoctoral fellow’s time will be spent piloting new training initiatives or changes to existing initiatives. As such, a successful candidate will have skills in teaching and/or training in applied settings
• Ability to design and discern effective intervention studies to test complex interventions with human beings
Must be able to work in an office environment.
Office environment. Some travel, after-hours, and weekend work may be required.
Security Sensitive Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting Research and Design of Training Initiatives Description of Job Duty
• Works with Institute staff on development and implementation of new and existing training initiatives designed to elevate the leadership capacity of Rice students. Examples include helping to design training on conflict management skills, effective communication, and leading a team – Works with Institute staff and external technology partners to design and implement a mixed reality element of leader training
Percentage of Time 80 Delivery of Training Description of Job Duty
• Teaches and/or trains in leader development programs
Percentage of Time 20 Optional Documents