The Post-Doctoral Research Professional position is designed to foster research collaboration in behavioral marketing; cognitive, mathematical or social psychology; and behavioral economics, with a focus on consumer decision making. The preferred start date is July 1, 2019, although we are willing to accommodate an earlier or later start. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. The first review will be on April 1.
The Post-Doctoral Research Professional will collaborate on projects of mutual interest with faculty at the Booth School. They will be working closely with Professors Dan Bartels, Berkeley Dietvorst, Abigail Sussman, and Oleg Urminsky. Duties will include the development of original research questions, conducting literature reviews, and the design and implementation of studies to investigate those questions. Specific activities will include participating in study design, data acquisition and statistical analysis, manuscript development, and presentation/publication of results.
This position is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Design complex web-based surveys including programming, developing, testing, and implementation of online studies.
2. Collecting, cleaning, coding, and analyzing complex data, as well as writing up results
3. Perform literature reviews, meta-analysis and compile citations
4. Other administrative tasks as assigned (i.e., participant payments and reimbursements)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Master’s degree in relevant are required; PhD preferred.
2. Familiarity with methods of experimentation preferred.
3. Experience in conducting computer, web-based, and interpersonal interaction-based experiments preferred.
4. Data-analysis skills and knowledge of statistical methods is required.
5. Excellent communication skills required.
6. Ability to interact with faculty, students, and staff successfully required.
7. Good organizational skills and attention to detail required.
8. A CV, cover letter, and writing sample are required to apply for this position.
Please apply using the following link: https://uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Hyde-Park-Campus/Research-Professional-1_JR04368
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abigail B. Sussman
Associate Professor of Marketing
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
773.834.2030 | firstname.lastname@example.org