Zillow is looking for a Behavioral Scientist to join our behavioral science team. Zillow Group Behavioral Science is dedicated to improving the home buying and selling process through the application of behavioral science theory. We seek out and validate exciting new ideas using primary research. In addition to a graduate-level background in a quantitatively oriented behavioral science discipline, you are capable of conceptualizing theoretically plausible interventions, collecting and analyzing relevant data, and communicating your findings to diverse audiences. This job is at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer. If you want to be part of this unique opportunity, enjoy working across functions, and want to be involved in some of the company’s biggest strategic initiatives, then this job is for you!
- Applicants should have a PhD in a behavioral science discipline (behavioral economics, cognitive or social psychology, sociology or a related discipline)
- Strong foundation in data collection, statistical inference, and the application of advanced causal modeling methods
- Experience with experimental and quasi-experimental design and analysis
- Expertise with data analysis languages such as R and/or Python
- Strong informal and formal communication skills. A cross-functional collaborator.
- A well-rounded researcher. Can collaboratively move a project from a nascent idea through to actionable data-driven recommendations.
Preferred, but not required:
- 2+ years of applied industry experience
- Experience with Hive/SQL
- Experience with survey design and analysis (specifically for the purposes of experimental and/or quantitative analysis)
- Experience with time-series data, including longitudinal regression models
- Experience with NLP and/or machine learning methods
Get to know us
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.