The Behavioral Science Center (BSC) at Ipsos is one of the first dedicated centers on Behavioral Science in the marketing research industry. Ipsos is at the forefront of market research innovation, and we are seeking Behavioral Scientists to join our team of experts to help us move forward on this path. This is an unparalleled opportunity for those who are passionate about behavioral science to apply validated academic insights to practical business challenges.
The role of a behavioral scientist at Ipsos is a dynamic one, covering a broad range of activities and projects. Our main mission is to partner with Ipsos research teams to help us deliver customized insights across different industries and sectors, ranging from packaged goods, to healthcare, to financial.
You will also be involved with our academic partnerships including the Yale-Ipsos Think Tank and Duke-Ipsos Think Tanks. We also work with several world-renown marketing professors like Kelly Goldsmith, Ph.D., Ryan Hamilton, Ph.D., Jeff Galak, Ph.D. and Jeff Parker, Ph.D. to ensure that the academic work we utilize is relevant and current.
At the BSC you will work in our New York City office directly with the President of the center to: 1) Spread your knowledge of behavioral science and inspire the use of behavioral science internally and externally, 2) Develop market research tools by leveraging appropriate methodologies and frameworks from the behavioral science literature, and 3) Participate directly in client research projects to help them identify, analyze, and use behavioral science insights.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
Location: New York City with occasional traveling (up to 10%).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Act as an internal consultant (or through collaboration) to help Ipsos market research team apply BE/BeSci to generate deeper consumer insights.
- Most of the key activities for this position will be around research proposal and designs. Therefore, key responsibilities are around conducting literature review, suggesting research designs, as well as providing general consultation on BSci.
- Although the ability to execute studies (e.g., data collection and analysis) are important to this role, these activities are not likely to be your day to day responsibility.
- Assist Ipsos research teams to better qualify opportunities where we can leverage Behavioral Science to best help our clients.
- Attend client meetings to discuss the potential use of Behavioral Science to help provide solutions for client’s business challenges.
- Explore potential use of Behavioral Science in broader research setting at Ipsos with key internal stakeholders.
- Develop training materials based on academic research
- PhD in behavioral science field, such as psychology, social science, consumer behavior, or behavioral economics.
- Superb written and oral communication skills with ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it in an engaging way.
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of people, including senior executives, academics, sales people, and clients.
- Capable of balancing priorities of simultaneous projects and demands.