The Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) is the nation’s authority on consumer financial health. CFSI leads a network of financial services innovators, helping them develop and provide high-quality products and services that better meet the needs of consumers – especially those who are struggling. CFSI informs, advises, and connects its network to seed the innovation that will transform the financial services landscape. With offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC, CFSI is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment, seeking people who share our values: Innovation; Passion; Excellence; Impact; Directness; and Inclusion. Position Location(s): New York or Chicago Scope of Role: The Manager, Behavioral Economics will be part of the Program Team, a cross-functional team that drives CFSI’s thought leadership and research, our consulting services, and our work to seed innovation. The Manager, Behavioral Economics will have the opportunity to build CFSI’s behavioral economics expertise and practice within the Program Team. The Manager, Behavioral Economics will bring broad and deep familiarity with behavioral insights and the ability to work nimbly in applied, market-oriented settings. Additionally, the Manager, Behavioral Economics must be an independent problem solver, a creative and analytical thinker and communicator, a skilled relationship manager, and a strong project manager with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of excellence. Duties & Responsibilities:Research, Consulting, and Innovation:
- Works with corporate and non-profit partners to:
- Develop practical financial health interventions that leverage behavioral science to improve consumer outcomes through program design, communications, product features, etc.
- Design and help execute experimental tests and other methods of evaluation to understand the impact of behavioral interventions, within the constraints of actively operating enterprises
- Analyze data from these tests to evaluate the impact of financial health interventions as well as any unforeseen results
- Synthesizes findings from research evaluations and clearly communicates results, implications, and recommendations to private and public audiences through written reports, presentations, etc.
- Develops CFSI’s perspective and methodology for applying behavioral economics to financial health
- Tracks behavioral trends in our work, in the field, and in the academic literature, synthesizing what’s relevant, and delivers presentations on behavioral science and emerging insights to both internal and external audiences
- Fosters and supports CFSI’s connections to and partnerships with the academic community and behavioral economics field
- Identifies transformative technologies that apply principles of behavioral economics to foster promising products, services, and strategy innovations in the marketplace
- Analyzes existing data sets at CFSI with a behavioral economics lens
- Manages complex projects from start to finish using project management tools and strong communication skills
- Collaborates closely with data analysts and other staff across CFSI and leads project teams
Relationship Management and Business Development:
- Manages a portfolio of relationships to drive action on Financial Health
- Surfaces and participates in the development of consulting, grant and/or sponsorship business opportunities, particular those with relevance to behavioral economics
- Quickly build trust and credibility with a range of external stakeholders such as financial services providers, research and academic partners, and other collaborators
- Commitment to CFSI’s mission in advancing consumer financial health
- 4-7 years experience in a combination of academic and applied work in behavioral economics
- Strong familiarity with behavioral science/economics literature
- Working knowledge of choice architecture, nudge/boost theory, System 1 & System 2 models, with experience applying
- Experience in designing and executing randomized controlled trials
- Background in statistics, econometrics and experimentation
- Proficiency in statistical software packages and analyses (i.e., Stata, R, Python)
- Relationship management skills working with large financial institutions, credit unions, research or academic institutions, and/or start-ups
- Superior organizational, project and time management skills with strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong and efficient writing skills; ability to quickly synthesize data and present succinct, cogent arguments verbally and in writing
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, productively engaging with others at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to commit to up to 10% domestic travel, with occasional evening meetings (1-2/month)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate/Master’s degree in social or behavioral science discipline (e.g., Economics, Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Anthropology, etc.) strongly preferred.
When Applying: Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of CFSI. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application. A writing sample may be required for applicants who are invited to interview. CFSI is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.