At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You’ll Do Here
- Design, lead and execute quantitative research projects in support of various product research initiatives
- Recommend/employ statistical methodologies such as segmentation, multivariate analysis, discrete choice modeling, and experimental design
- Synthesize analyses and present findings to management at multiple levels
Skills You Will Need Here
- Master’s degree or other advanced degree with a strong background in business, market research, or behavioral sciences (e.g., Business Administration, Math/Stats, Psychology, Behavioral Economics/Decision Sciences, etc.)
- Up to 2 years as a researcher in a B2C environment and/or as a research vendor
- Experience with digital research tools (Qualtrics, online qualitative discussion boards/focus groups, etc.)
- Experience with statistical analysis tools (Excel, SPSS, R, Sawtooth, Quantitative Research)
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute quantitative analysis and deliver data-driven insights
- Experience applying quantitative market research techniques to a variety of product management issues
- Able to self-manage progress against milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency
- Strong bias for action
- Strong writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present information and recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience
- Comfort with and eagerness to tackle ambiguous problems
- Highly collaborative and will achieve results with and through others
- Recent academic experience in data science would be great.
- Ability to travel 25%