The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a highly motivated individual to support its Evaluation, Research, and Behavior (ERB) responsibilities.
- Under the direction of the ERB Principal Program Manager, conduct research and secure member support to produce highly valuable report outcomes for work products such as the CEE Annual State of the Industry Report and CEE’s annual survey of ENERGY STAR® Household Awareness. In addition, the Program Associate will support data collection and analyses in support of CEE supplemental research projects.
- Secure timely secondary research on topics such as program evaluation methods and behavioral persistence and assist in the development of program case studies.
- Prepare agendas and manage committee logistical needs. Provide support during the development of memoranda, reports, appropriate organization position papers and other professional written products in support of the organization’s needs.
- Research and propose relevant sessions in support of CEE’s member and industry partners meetings. Staff the meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the ERB team Principal Program Manager, Senior Program Manager, and Data Manager.
- Other Evaluation, Research, and Behavior team tasks, as assigned.
· A Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s and equivalent experience) in a relevant field, such as economics, engineering, environmental studies, statistics or quantitative assessment, behavioral economics or another field requiring critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities
· Strong organization and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong people skills, service orientation, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Willingness to contribute to all facets of organizational need ranging from independent research, facilitation, administrative tasks, and other duties
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
· Basic knowledge of psychology or human behavior, or a willingness to learn more about this area
· Willingness and ability to travel to support the needs of the position and organization
Additional Relevant Skills
The following attributes are desired, but not required:
· Experience with web-based survey tools in general, specifically designing survey questions and collecting and analyzing data survey data; experience with the Qualtrics® Research Suite in particular is ideal
· Strong statistical aptitude, such as previous work doing statistical analyses
· Experience with the Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) programming language
· Work experience in the energy efficiency industry is a plus
A competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with skills and experience for this full time position.
Located in the greater Boston area, CEE is an award-winning consortium of efficiency program administrators from the United States and Canada that unifies program approaches across jurisdictions to increase impact in fragmented markets. By joining forces at CEE, individual electric and gas efficiency programs are able to partner not only with each other, but also with other industries, trade associations, and government agencies. Working together, administrators leverage the effect of their ratepayer funding, exchange information on successful practices and, by doing so, achieve greater energy efficiency for the public good. For more information, see our Web site at www.cee1.org.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
· Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
· Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
Please send application materials via e-mail to Lisa Tran at email@example.com, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith—Program Associate, Evaluation, Research and Behavior.”