Reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning the Fellow Success Manager will support the learning and engagement of Fellows through multiple program components. In this role, you will be accountable for designing and executing a proactive Fellow and parent engagement and support strategy, implementing Global Citizen Year’s approach to monitoring and tracking Fellow progress toward program completion, managing
This is a unique opportunity to work with and learn from a pioneering team, who was named the Top Ten Best Places to Work by Outside Magazine in 2018. You will have a birds’ eye view of what it takes to build and resource a high-growth social enterprise, and an opportunity to be part of a critical and growing team
Gifts Processing and Administration
- Process all donations in a timely manner, including: coding each gift, entering gift information in the database, informing relevant contacts, and facilitating appropriate thank you process
- Process grants and provide timely, accurate grant reporting
- Assist donors with gift transactions, including check and credit card donations
- Work with Finance Department on monthly reconciliations and annual audit
- Be the first point of contact for external inquiries related to development
Donor Data and Analysis
- Support Development Team to ensure 100% fidelity of donor data — ensure up-to-date and accurate information
- Track and report on donor campaigns, overall fundraising progress, and other metrics as needed
- Recommend improvements for donor database and donor tracking
- Produce accurate research and profiles on donor prospects
- Track donor meeting notes, emails, phone calls, and other items related to donor relationships
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation
- Manage organization visits (including scheduling, prep, and follow-up) for interested donors, working closely with staff to ensure each tour is successful
- Work closely with Development Team to research and create polished individual donor and prospect reports for senior staff and board members to inform donor relation strategies and track progress to goals
- Work closely with Development Team to write and submit grant proposals and renewals
Events and Marketing
- Provide logistical and project management support for in-person fundraising events
- Manage distribution of communication to key funders
You’re a hungry learner. You’re motivated to soak up information while learning and continuously improving. You bring a problem-solving orientation to your work and instinctively seek opportunities for reflection and feedback. You have a knack for strengthening processes to improve quality and efficiency, and you’re known for going above and beyond.
You are a champion dot connector. You see connections where others do not and are quick to point out who is connected to who and how those relationships to
You have a touch of ESP. You’re insanely proactive, and anticipate others’ needs before they ask – or even become aware of them. And you’re like a chameleon, adapting your style to accommodate others.
You appreciate quality data. You’re diligent about maintaining accurate, up-to-date records because you know that strong knowledge management is the foundation for solid decision-making.
You have an exceptional attention to detail. You’re used to juggling lots of balls and never letting a single one drop, all while performing at a very high level. You enjoy being a step ahead of those around you and this attention to detail guides your work.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least two years professional experience required
- Experience providing support to senior executives preferred
- Experience with fundraising/development preferred
- Experience living/working in the developing world preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
Additionally, you bring:
- Demonstrated passion for Global Citizen Year’s mission and alignment with its values
- Superb communication skills (writing, speaking, presenting) that engage and inspire others
- Tech and digital savvy, including proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps
- Professional poise and polish working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- A strong work ethic, with a desire to go above and beyond standard expectations
- Exceptional judgment, including a high level of discretion when handling confidential materials