This job has been posted by Stella.ai on behalf of one of our clients.
Our client is seeking exceptional economists to join our team. Causal inference, tightly coupled with principled experimentation, are essential to driving the decision making algorithms that power our core business. We build our systems from the ground up with economic fundamentals in mind.
What You’ll Do
• Implement a general equilibrium approach to pricing optimization in a complex, two sided market.
• Measure the demand response to various promotional treatments, using both observational and experimental methods.
• Boost premium shelf space profitability through mechanism design, including supplier auctions and assortation algorithms.
What You’ll Need
• Ph.D. in Economics.
• Excellent empirical research and a track record of success, with the ability to tackle difficult empirical problems.
• Appetite for collaborating in a highly interdisciplinary environment with other social scientists, computer scientists, statisticians, operations researchers, and engineers.
• Passionate about communicating and visualizing complex material in a concise and precise way.
• Strong statistics background including fluency with Python or R.
• Backgrounds in applied microeconomics, applied microeconomic theory, industrial organization, labour economics, econometrics, experimental economics, or behavioral economics are preferred.
Our client is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Our client will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Our client is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Our client – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.