We are looking for an Analyst to join our Culture, Insights, & Analytics team at Initiative! Our CIA team members are our data champions, grounding us in fact, inspiring our insights and measuring our outcomes. They help determine the driving forces behind consumer behaviors as well as brand and media performance via a variety of tools and analytical techniques, including qualitative and quantitative research, econometric modelling and multi-touch attribution. These help us understand where leads and conversions are coming from as well as the optimal media channel mix and budget allocations.
As part of the CIA team, you would advise and help create strategies to ensure the right message is getting in front of the right target audience at the right time using the right medium, via the deployment of real-time machine learning and harnessing the capability of some of the best campaign engineers in the business. In addition, you would help deliver the clear and precise reporting that ensures we are constantly learning and optimizing. Members of the CIA team manage all dashboard reporting, helping our clients create and access simple, real-time reports to allow every stakeholder to have the most relevant and important pieces of information at their fingertips. We are looking for ambitious, analytical, hands-on individuals with a strong interest in media, marketing and business intelligence.
- Perform tasks with direction to completion with a curious mindset
- Take an active role in helping to address client questions, deliverables or tasks so that they are delivered on time and according to the Manager’s expectations
- Collaborate with other craft leaders to deeply investigate and provide POVs on industry trends, media & analytics products, and client performance
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with Communications Design, Strategy, Partnerships, other partner agencies, and media clients
- Use all research methods and sources to uncover relevant client, category, consumer, and cultural insights for internal and client stakeholders
- Assist in the design, execution, and management of custom analyses to generate meaningful insights
- Assist in the implementation of a variety of analytical techniques, ranging from data mining, to statistical modeling and numerical optimizations on a wide range of data sources such as sales, brand equity, media performance, audience behavioral data, and survey responses
- B.A./B.S. in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Business, Science, or Engineering from an accredited college/university
- M.A./M.S. in related field preferred
- 1+ years of experience in an analytics function, ideally in media
- A genuinely curious person that has a desire to apply data analytics solutions to better understand trends in media, advertising, business, and culture
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic media agency environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable actively participating and contributing in meeting settings with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional time and project management skills to deliver on complex projects
- Ability to assist in preparation of PowerPoint presentations and long-form written analyses that tie directly to client needs
- Ability and desire to learn an ever-evolving suite of data analysis software, coding languages, and media measurement tools
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to use Simmons/MRI to pull complex coding using Boolean logic
- Ability to send specs to vendor on a survey & engage in learning development on how to craft a questionnaire
- Ability to find resources within e-Marketer, Warc, etc.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and DCM as well as an ability to learn tangential data sets such as IAS, Innovid, etc.
- Run Marketing Mix Models with guidance
- Knowledge of Tableau and SharePoint
- Participate in agency and external personal growth & education initiatives